- On Friday, I took my daughter and her friend (who happen to share a birthday, though the friend is a year younger) to Disneyland. We stayed overnight in a hotel which made the experience more fun and special.
- On Friday, as I was trying to leave my house, the guy who mows my lawn let me know that they accidentally broke a window.
- The “window” was actually the outer pane on my sliding glass door. It’s shattered into a million pieces, give or take a hundred thousand.
- One of my sons appears to have flea bites on his ankles.
- It’s always something, isn’t it?
- The summer weather has intensified and in response, my neglected air conditioner seems to have given up though it still seems to be faintly blowing cold air.
- Why do things break on the weekends?
- I saw “Dunkirk” today. I was mostly confused, wondering “who is that guy? is that guy also that other guy?”
- Last week we took the train to downtown San Diego and watched (sort of) a major league baseball game from box seats. (Is that what they are called?)
- I am surrounded by stacks of books but cannot decide what to read next.
- My 19-year old son is recovering from a strange bout of vertigo that affected him for over a week
- As I mentioned, it’s always something, right?
- My husband’s iPhone battery died so he paid $85 to have it replace.
- The next day, he dropped it and shattered the screen–for the first time ever.
- Today, he paid $100 to replace the screen. See #5 and #12.