My youngest child turned 15 today. So here are fifteen things to commemorate being in labor and giving birth (it’s all about me after all):
- On Friday, I took my daughter and her friend (who happen to share a birthday, though the friend is a year younger) to Disneyland. We stayed overnight in a hotel which made the experience more fun and special.
- On Friday, as I was trying to leave my house, the guy who mows my lawn let me know that they accidentally broke a window.
- The “window” was actually the outer pane on my sliding glass door. It’s shattered into a million pieces, give or take a hundred thousand.
- One of my sons appears to have flea bites on his ankles.
- It’s always something, isn’t it?
- The summer weather has intensified and in response, my neglected air conditioner seems to have given up though it still seems to be faintly blowing cold air.
- Why do things break on the weekends?
- I saw “Dunkirk” today. I was mostly confused, wondering “who is that guy? is that guy also that other guy?”
- Last week we took the train to downtown San Diego and watched (sort of) a major league baseball game from box seats. (Is that what they are called?)
- I am surrounded by stacks of books but cannot decide what to read next.
- My 19-year old son is recovering from a strange bout of vertigo that affected him for over a week
- As I mentioned, it’s always something, right?
- My husband’s iPhone battery died so he paid $85 to have it replace.
- The next day, he dropped it and shattered the screen–for the first time ever.
- Today, he paid $100 to replace the screen. See #5 and #12.
3 thoughts on “Fifteen things”
Life….full of those unexpected surprises!! I am amazed that I have any sanity left! Thank you LORD Jesus for the peace that surpasses understanding in a fallen world.
May today be less “surprise-filled”– except the good kind, like when your kids hangout together “just-for-fun” and don’t fight, but actually seek each other out!!😊 Saw that last night in my 90F house at 11pm. (We don’t use AC due to the expense) I thanked and praised God for the many blessings right then.❤
I chuckled about you staying overnight in a hotel seeing how I had just read what a horrible mom you are supposed to be! Terrible moms always take their kids to Disneyland and stay over in hotels just to show how terrible they are.
I sympathize on what to read next. We have a thousand books and I still go to the library to find something to read. We’re never happy are we?
As someone who has suffered intensely with vertigo, there is a exercise to help reset the whatchamacllit in your eyes. It has you twisting into a ridiculous position but helped me immensely! Here is a link, just in case this is what your sons has.
You pop into my head every once in awhile and I come over to visit your page. It is always nice visiting with you!
*in your EARS”
This always happens when I don’t proofread. You would think I would learn!