- A phone call with upsetting news.
- The dog barking her fool head off at people across the street.
- Abruptly because you’re late for an important date.
- The sound of crashing, like a giant mirror shattering at midnight.
- The dog doing that pre-vomit gag noise.
- The dog scratching at the door.
- A work-related text message.
- A smoke detector screeching.
- The yelling of kids who are fighting over nothing that matters.
- A wrong number on the telephone.
I don’t love waking up in the morning anyway but opening my eyes to any of these scenarios is a real bummer.
This morning, I woke up to several of these.
It’s Groundhog Day. I hope tomorrow is not a repeat of today.