My husband went to Beijing, China for almost two weeks. He came home forty-eight hours ago and will be leaving on a jet-plane again early in the morning.
This time, though, he’s just heading to Houston, Texas, for a family event. (His 81-year old dad is getting married.)
I will be staying home with the kids. Although I will not be making school lunches (no more pencils! no more books! no more teacher’s dirty looks!) but I will be:
- driving one kid to piano lessons
- taking another to the end-of-the-season lacrosse pizza extravaganza
- figuring out how to get everyone to church without missing the Sunday lacrosse movie viewing with teammates
- going to Disneyland Monday one last time before our annual passes are blocked out for the summer
- taking daughter to soccer practice
- attending a baby shower
Then my husband will be home again and we will compare notes and try to figure out who is more tired.
I will win.