I won’t tag you, either, because I am just too lazy. But here are eight random facts about me.
1) My favorite television drama was “thirtysomething.” I still miss it. (This is fresh on my mind because of People magazine.)
2) I was born in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, but I have no memory of living there because we left when I was an infant. My parents moved twenty-five times (or so) before I was five. And they were not military, either, and had no good reason for their nomadic ways.
3) I’ve lived in the following states: Washington, Oregon, Missouri, Michigan, Connecticut, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Kansas, Montana, Minnesota (I think), North Dakota (again, I think). I’ve lived in my current house longer than anywhere in my whole life. (Also . . . we bought this house sight unseen.)
4) Next month, I’ll celebrate my 20th anniversary.
5) I grew up going to old-fashioned camp meetings, complete with sawdust aisles and emotional altar calls. (Some of you will have no idea at all what that means, but some of you will immediately start hearing “Just As I Am” in your head.)
6) In junior high, I was gonged off the stage during a school “Gong Show.” I was dressed as a hippie and singing “The Merry Minuet.” There were no hippies in 1979, so this was, perhaps, a mistake on my part. I thought it was hilarious . . . until I was gonged.
7) I love to read the newspaper from beginning to end, though I admit to skipping over the business section.
8) I hate to swim with my face under water.