Lately, I can’t seem to get to bed before 2 a.m. I work until past midnight every night, usually closer to 1 a.m. By the time I make a school lunch and fold a load of laundry, it’s 2 a.m. I’m yawning right now.
And now, ten unrelated items:
1) I saw a roadrunner running across the road this afternoon while on the way to the YMCA.
2) My puppy is 5 months old now and needs both a bath and to be spayed.
3) My office is in constant danger of a being buried in a paper avalanche, even though I clean it regularly.
4) I still think about that time in college that some boy was telling me about his ideal woman. I said (foolishly), “Like me, only prettier?” And he said, “Yes.” That still hurts my feelings as ridiculous as it sounds.
5) My daughter misplaced her eyeglasses. I’m sure they’re in her cluttered room but I don’t have time to search.
6) I would like to eat pizza every day for the rest of my life.
7) My husband and I went to a very fancy movie theater the other night. Without even asking, the young man behind the cash register gave my husband a senior discount.
8) When bangs are in fashion, I do not have bangs. This applies to pretty much every fashion and body trend there is.
9) I don’t understand why I don’t ever hear from someone I used to hear from regularly.
10) My garage is still unorganized from our move last summer, but over the weekend I completely cleaned and organized my pantry.