1) I hate playing board games.
2) My ten year old son who excels in all areas of his life still cannot tie his shoes.
3) I roll my eyes at my children. (My mother was right: they did get stuck that way.)
4) I tell my kids baked goods have nuts in them to dissuade the children from partaking. Even if no nuts are involved.
5) My fantasy weekend involves my children being absent from my house, while I am home alone.
6) I hardly ever read books to my five and a half year old. I KNOW! I am doomed, she is doomed. We are all doomed.
7) I do not hug enough, apologize enough or praise enough.
8) Unlike a Mother’s Day commercial I just heard, I do not give 100% of myself at all times to my children.
9) From time to time, I put myself first. Okay, more often than from time to time.
10) I hog all the ice. I can be heard saying, “DO NOT USE ALL THE ICE! I MEAN IT!”