I may have left out some details in my last hasty blog. I am not doing medical transcription forty hours a week . . . in fact, I am no longer doing any medical transcription at all since my other Internet job turned into a full-time job. I work as a Community Manager on a website for moms. When I began, I worked 12 hours a week. Those twelve hours turned into nineteen hours. Nineteen hours turned into twenty-nine hours. Then, remarkably, those twenty-nine hours became forty hours a week, complete with benefits and everything.
I have turned into the mythical stay-at-home mother who works full-time on her computer . . . you know when people ask, “Are there any legitimate work-at-home jobs?” Well, there was one. And I have it.
I absolutely love my job and I am so grateful to have it.
* * *
In other news, three boys are spending the night. How did this happen again? Every time I allow it I think, NEVER AGAIN. And then I relent. I’d rather they all be here driving me crazy than somewhere else doing who-knows-what.
* * *
And now, Six Weird Things About Me, a Meme brought to you courtesy of Smoov.
“THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you.” People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
1. I hate raw tomatoes and Kraft macaroni and cheese.
2. Being too hot makes me crabby. I cannot think straight when I’m sweaty.
3. I am fascinated by Betty Broderick and watched not only the CourtTV coverage of her trial, but also the two television movies made about her which starred Meredith Baxter.
4. I used to consider whether I’d rather be deaf or blind. I alway chose deaf.
5. I have never been to a prom.
6. I own a lot of earrings but I always wear gold hoops.
And a bonus weird thing:
7. I like to sleep in a cold, completely dark room. Night lights keep me awake. Even a crack of light under a door will wake me up.
Oh, and I’m not tagging you but if you want to play, consider yourself tagged.